How It Works
You look at her and it hits you.. how much longer will she play with those dolls? When will she stop pretending? She’s getting so tall now, and it’s so fast! Capture these moments before they’re gone forever. She’s only this little.. once upon a time.
Fairy sessions are super fun to watch for you. Watch as your baby girl smiles as she’s getting her wings or being crowned. See her flit through the forest on her tiptoes. Listen to her giggle and laugh. Be mesmerized by your baby as she twirls in the sunset. This is what fun is all about.
What is a Fairyography photo session and how does it work?
Hi, I’m Heather Larkin. I am a child’s photographer located in Athens GA shooting fantasy fairy portraits! I provide the dresses, wings and accessories for girls sizes 2 to 14, and girls over 5 years old get a complementary trip to the salon before the photo session for hair styling and light makeup. So what happens when you book a Fairyography session?
1. Pre-Session Design Consultation
This is one of the best parts, the SHOPPING! I invite you to come 'shopping' through my studio. I'll bring all the dresses that fit your girl for you to see and touch. Come pick out what she'll wear and see how easy the wings are and hold the gorgeous flower crowns!
Then we'll chat about what you have in mind for the session, this is what you love most about your daughter and what you'd like to remember in her photos. Don't worry if you don't have any ideas about what you'd like her shoot to look like, I have plenty for both of us! Her experience is half of an amazing photo session, let's make it something she'll remember and talk about for years!
Then we'll go through my products. Check out the samples of the prints and see why my photo albums are so coveted! Your final products are the other half of what make a Fairyography session so unique. and I want you to see what could be hanging on your walls or sitting on your coffee table.
Once you book, you'll get a personal online client portal letting you check in with me every step of the way. You'll also get email reminders about each appointment.
2. Shoot outside!
I know, you're worried. You're thinking "But my girl is wild and I know she won't sit still for photos!" or maybe you're thinking "Oh my gosh, I know my girl is amazing but she's so shy she takes a while to warm up.. will we have time?" Yes, I promise I know. Fairy sessions are SO FUN and I’m often told at the end of the session that the giggling kid that I was just with for an hour on a stroll through the forest is usually super shy. Not with me! I went to school for Early Childhood Education so that I could work in preschool. I am crazy silly and super patient. I ENJOY being with your daughters, Plus I know what’s appropriate for her age and how to run a session. I speak TO her like a person, and not at her. I read her and I know when she’s done for the day. There are no crying princesses at my photo appointments. You'll come and leave with a happy, thrilled little girl who will talk about how she was a fairy for weeks and months afterwards. Afterwards, you'll get notices in your client portal to keep you up to date as to where your session is in editing.
3. Come back for an ordering appointment.
You've already seen what I offer at your consultation, so you've already had what you want to go home with in the back of your mind for a while. You'll come back to the studio for the reveal of your images. See them all large on my studio TV screen and get my professional recommendations about which ones will go well together. You'll see a pre-design of an album so that you can know what your girl's story will look like laid out, no guesswork needed! Of course, you can change anything you want, but it'll be super easy for you to see it all. You'll get notices in your client portal to keep you up to date as to where your order is.
4. Product is in!
Once your order is in and I've check it over, you'll be emailed or called right away so you you can take your babies home! Your framed art will be ready to hang immediately once you get it home so you can enjoy looking at your wall art right away.
Each custom made dress has matching accessories. Flowers, wands, crowns, wings, also sessions can include other props to help tell the story.
- Most wings are fully strapless, making her super comfy.
- Each dress has matching accessories for multiple ages. Baby girl doesn’t wear a crown? We’ll put a barrette or clippie on her instead.
- Each dress is made from soft, swooshy material for maximum movement, because who doesn’t love twirling?
- Depending on the theme for your session, I will bring extra props to make it more magical of an experience. Wands to hold, glitter to blow, it’ll all just add to her fun.
If your lovely girl is old enough to be safe around a curling iron (5 years old an up), your session will include a trip to our wonderful partner salon, Blonde Beauty Bar!
Teri or Amy will pamper your daughter and give her a princess or fairy ‘do and some light makeup right before the photo session takes place. I will suggest a style based on your girl’s personality and hair length or the dress she’ll be wearing, but Mommy of course has full veto power in case there’s a style you particularly like or don’t like on her. After we leave the salon, we’ll go to the photo location to get dressed, since the dress and wings are too big to drive in!
Fairyography photo sessions are all about being magical and having fun. I am silly enough to get REAL smiles and giggles so real you can hear them in the pictures. I sing, I dance, I twirl, we play games. Potty humor has been known to happen. I work hard to make a relaxed, easygoing atmosphere. I am always very patient with my little subjects and take my time making them feel like the little princesses or fairies we know they are.I’m covered in dirt and leaves or grass when I get through with a session because I’m all over the ground or standing on rocks to get the most fun angles for photos. They love watching me make a fool out of myself!
- Jan 1st – March 20th – Ice Fairies! Ice fairies are blue toned and look like something right out of Frozen! I add in snow and ice to the final photos. Sessions take place around 3:30pm
- March 20th – April 10th – Sometime in here the peach orchard blooms. I never know exactly when, but they usually blossom for about 10 beautiful days. Sessions happen around 6:30pm
- April 10th – May 31st – Spring and green! The leaves are back on the trees, the weather is warm, and flowers blossom! Sessions happen around 6:30pm
- June 1st – August 31st – Summer. Lush and green, but hot in the evening. These shoots don’t include the salon because it’s not open early enough, so these discounted sessions are perfect for girls under 5. Sessions happen at 8am
- September 1st – October 31st – Later summer. Evenings are nice again and the greens are a deeper color, flowers still blooming. Sessions happen around 5:30pm
- November 1st – November 20th – Fall! The leaves change to orange for just two weeks, with peak beauty being around the 12th. Then they all turn brown and fall off the trees. Sessions happen around 4:30pm
- November 20th – January 1st – Ice fairies again! Ice fairies are blue toned and look like something right out of Frozen! I add in snow and ice to the final photos. Sessions take place around 3:30pm
Edit your photos, bringing out the beauty of your girl or girls while getting rid of icky boogies or ouchie bruises. I add in the little touches that make the images truly magical and one of a kind.
After the images are done having their magic added, I’ll email or call you for your ordering appointment. You come in with me, we go through your images together so you’re not overwhelmed having to do it alone online. I’ll help you through your choices in about and hour to an hour and a half.
Compare images side by side and hear which will look best on what product. See and touch the albums and canvas wraps, the mini books and prints. You KNOW exactly what you’re getting and when.