In Home Christmas Tree Photo Sessions
You know that feeling that you get on Christmas eve, when you turn out all the lights and it's just the room lit by the Christmas tree glow? Maybe the house still smells like fresh baked cookies you made with your kids. Maybe you're still working on those last few Santa gifts or adding a few more ornaments. It's a calm quiet, magical feeling of both tranquility and yet anticipation. In a few hours, the presents will be opened and the house will be full of giggles, but on Christmas eve it's still and waiting. I love that feeling. That peaceful, warm glow of the lights in a still room.
You wish you could just catch all the feeling forever. I want to make that photo for you. Your tree with your decorations, your home, your special memories. Capture that feeling year after year to watch your children grow with the same glow and the same magic.
When to photograph
Christmas tree portrait sessions are available as soon as you get your tree up and some presents under it. You can even wrap or bag empty boxes. After Thanksgiving to a few days before Christmas is a great time. Mini session dates may change based on my availability for the year.
What you need
- A Christmas tree - Decorate it the way you normally do, just add more lights.
- A house local-ish to Athens or Watkinsville GA.
- Children under 12 - I don't think teens will be too excited about matching jammies or Santa magic.
- LOTS of lights on the tree. No really, if you think you have enough, add more lights.
- Matching pajamas or nighties for the kids. Less is more on the pattern.
- Wrapped presents under the tree. Bags, boxes, tissue, ribbon, it doesn't matter as long as it looks like the night before Christmas.
- 30 minutes after dark.
How a Christmas tree session goes
Photo session night: If you have a fireplace near the tree, turn it on before I get there. If you have stockings hung with candles, lip balm, or chocolate in them, make sure you move them as those things will melt. You'll need to have the kids ready for photos, already dressed in jammies. Have Christmas books, favorite ornaments, snow globes, nutcrackers, pets, dolls, or any other holiday themed props you'd like to include. I'll arrive at your appointment time, at your house. I'll move any furniture needed and we'll begin. I'll lead the kids through a series of quick pictures and we'll be done before they get too wiggly!
Christmas tree portraits are concluded for 2019
Athens, Watkinsville, and into Atlanta - Available for travel to Seattle, Portland, and New Orleans