Porch Swans by Fairyography
- Donate to your favorite non-profit dance organization ($50 or more)
- Dance on your porch
- Receive 5 free high resolution digital images!
Original Porch Swans Concept by Artisty Reimagined, copied with permission
How it works
By combining the popular "porch sessions" that photographers have been doing and supporting the arts, we can make lasting memories and keep the dance arts alive though these times.
Right now, many professional dancers and students miss being in the studio and on stage; they have missed auditions, evaluations, performances, and year-end photos. They continue their training online and dream of performing again, while their recital costumes collect dust in the closet instead of sparkle on the stage.
Dance companies are largely dependent on revenue from performances to pay their dancers and fund their operations, but we are now confronted with an uncertain future. Some estimates put the resumption of large gatherings like ballet performances at 18-24 months from now.
That's where Porch Swans comes in: I am donating my artistry, time, and web hosting in exchange for a donation to any dance organization (links below).
For your donation, you will receive a 15-20 minute photo session, an online viewing gallery, 5 free high resolution digital photos, and an option to purchase additional images and professional prints.
1. Make a donation ($50 or more) to your favorite non-profit arts organization, then e-mail receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Use the form on this page to sign up, I'll be in contact with you. If you are within 15 miles of zip code 30605, your dance date will be (weather permitting) scheduled within the week.
3. Appointments will be on the hour (with time in between to allow for travel).
4. A little further away than 15 miles? Request your area and with enough requests, I will notify you the day and time I will be there!
5. I will be practicing social distancing for these appointments. The dancer doesn’t have to wear a mask (unless he or she wants).
6. The dancer can wear what he/she is most comfortable wearing; an old or new costume, leotard with or without skirt, or street clothes. Hair and make-up are completely up to you!
7. You will receive a model release and liability waiver form. You must electronically sign and submit the document prior to the date of the photo session. I am not liable for injury.
8. By participating you agree to your images being used on social media and online.
This is not a complete listing of all non-profit arts organizations. The links below are provided for ease, but please feel free to support other wonderful organizations!
Georgia Metropolitan Dance Theater
Georgia Dance Theater
The Georgia Ballet
Uhuru Drum Dancers
Fill out this form!
Heather Lickliter Larkin - 706-338-4414 - 1720 South Lumpkin Ave Athens GA 30606
Athens, Watkinsville, and into Atlanta - Available for travel to Seattle, Portland, and New Orleans