Behind the scenes – Star Fairy

Making of shots of the Star Fairy! I used battery powered LED Lights for the wings and dress.

The wings started off 6ft long and just fabric.

The wings started off 6ft long and just fabric.

I decided that the wings needed something that looked more like wings, rather than just draped fabric.

I decided that the wings needed something that looked more like wings, rather than just draped fabric.

The prototype for the dragonfly wings

The prototype for the dragonfly wings

Wing protoype

Wing protoype

IMG_4599IMG_4603IMG_5002IMG_5059IMG_5084

Sewing the lights into the sleeves

Sewing the lights into the sleeves

Sewing the lights into the sleeves

Sewing the lights into the sleeves

All lit up! The skirt had LED

All lit up! The skirt had LED’s in it, the belt and each sleeve had LED string lights sewn into them.

Glittering the wings. Just paper and chalk!

Glittering the wings. Just paper and chalk!

Final wings prior to cutting

Final wings prior to cutting

Setting the lighting into the wings

Setting the lighting into the wings

Setting the lighting into the wings

Setting the lighting into the wings

All done!

All done!

All done!

All done!

The session, however.. was a disaster. The dress and wings were way to big for my model and the wings had to be held up at all times or they just dragged on the ground.

The session, however.. was a disaster. The dress and wings were way to big for my model and the wings had to be held up at all times or they just dragged on the ground.